Home | Facilities | Conference and Seminar Room Information: Non-DTC Sponsored Event Checklist
The Digital Technology Center (DTC) is pleased to make its conference rooms available to the University of Minnesota community. However, the DTC is not a conference service provider. The DTC’s rooms are provided free to eligible users on the condition that the rooms are cleaned and returned to their original configuration after use. If the rooms are not returned to their original configuration, a service fee of $150 per day may be charged. In addition, the sponsoring department is responsible for any damages to DTC equipment, furnishings, or facilities incurred during the event.
In using the DTC rooms, please be aware of the following:
- Permission must be obtained before reconfiguring a room.
- The DTC does not provide technical or facilities support on weekends or after hours. Limited technical and facilities support is available during the week. It is highly recommended that event organizers verify all technical, facility, and building arrangements at least 24 hours prior to the event. In particular, it is recommended that the audio visual equipment be reviewed to ensure that it the on-site organizer understands how it is operated.
- Please alert the DTC to any special networking or communications needs when making the reservations. Wireless access is available for conference guests for a fee by special arrangement and with prior approval through Academic and Distributed Computing Services. More information is available at http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/info/wireless.html. Note that arrangements need to be made at least seven days prior to the event.
- Walter Library houses numerous University departments. Only the DTC has access to its space and technical facilities. Other staff housed in Walter Library will be unable to provide technical or facilities assistance during events.
- Alcohol may be served at events held in DTC space with the approval of the DTC and only if an Alcohol Permit has been issued by the University of Minnesota. Please contact Jeremy Jenkins at 625-4104 for information on obtaining an alcohol permit.
- Events outside of the regular DTC business hours require special access arrangements, and may require a security monitor to be present. The cost of the security monitor, which is approximately $20 per hour, will be charged to the sponsoring department.
- Weekend events may require special custodial arrangements. Please discuss custodial needs when making the reservation.
The contact information for after hour events is as follows:
- Security and building access
Security Monitor Office
- Custodial or building issues
- Other Technical or Facility Emergencies
Fighting Covid 19 with Deep Graphs
Prof. George Karypis with PhD students Vasileios Ioannidis (ECE) and Saurav Manchanda (CSci) from the DTC at the University of Minnesota, a team of scientists from the Ohio State University, Hunan University, and Amazon’s AWS AI labs in Shanghai and Palo Alto have created the Drug Repurposing Knowledge Graph (DRKG) and a set of machine learning tools that can be used to prioritize drugs for repurposing studies. More on Fighting Covid 19
Digital Technology Center
499 Walter Library, 117 Pleasant Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
P: (612) 624-9510