Andrew Odlyzko: Miscellaneous materials
- Book review by A. Odlyzko: American Railroads: Decline and Renaissance in the
by R. E. Gallamore and J. R. Meyer.
Economic History Review, vol. 68, no. 3,2015, pp. 1103-1104.
- Book review by A. Odlyzko: Harriman vs. Hill: Wall Street's Great Railroad War
by L. Haeg.
Economic History Review, vol. 68, no. 2, 2015, pp. 754-755.
- Information and human society, A. M. Odlyzko.
Review of The Information: A History, A Theory, A Flood by J. Gleick.
American Scientist, vol. 99, no. 5, Sept.-Oct. 2011, pp. 412-414.
- Book review by A. Odlyzko: Experimental Mathematics in Action
by D. H. Bailey, J. M. Borwein,
N. J. Calkin, R. Girgensohn, D. R. Luke, and V. H. Moll.
American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 118, no. 10, Dec. 2011, pp. 946-951.
- Book review by A. Odlyzko: This Time is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
by C. M. Reinhart and K. Rogoff.
IEEE Spectrum, April 2011, p. 26, and longer version on the Spectrum site:
[IEEE Spectrum online version]
- Internet: The Web we weave, A. M. Odlyzko.
Reviews of The Laws of the Web: Patterns in the Ecology of Information
by B. A. Huberman and The Internet Galaxy: Reflections on the Internet,
Business, and Society by M. Castells.
American Scientist, vol. 90, no. 5, Sept.-Oct. 2002, pp. 482-484.
[Am. Sci. online version]
Interview about research directions in 2014:
- Foreword by A. M. Odlyzko to Advances in Combinatorics:
Waterloo Workshop in Computer Algebra, W80, May 26-29, 2011, I. Kotsireas and E. Zima, eds.,
Springer, 2013, pp. ix-xi. (Dedicated to the memory of Herbert S. Wilf.)
Reports to regulators:
- CRTC network management report, A. M. Odlyzko.
Report submitted with other material by CIPPIC to CRTC, the Canadian
regulator, in the 2009 proceedings on network management.
Letters to the editor:
- Bell Labs led with innovations tied to the real world, A. M. Odlyzko.
Wall Street Journal, March 26, 2012.
- Big questions about small payments, A. M. Odlyzko.
Technology Review, vol. 107, no. 2, March 2004, p. 14.
- Price discrimination and the role of competition , A. M. Odlyzko.
Minnesota Daily, July 7, 2003.
- The 19th-Century Internet, A. M. Odlyzko.
Context Magazine, to appear.
- Days of 'Internet time' have come and gone, A. M. Odlyzko.
Boomtown Exchange by Lee Gomes, in online edition of Wall Street Journal,
November 1, 2002.
- Comments on "Solving the broadband paradox" by Adam D. Thierer, A. M. Odlyzko.
Issues in Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 4, Summer 2002, pp. 7-8.
[IS&T online version]
- Data vs. voice traffic, K. G. Coffman and A. M. Odlyzko,
Comm. ACM, vol. 42, no. 9, September 1999, pp. 12-13.
[letter as submitted]
Return to home page