Home | Facilities | Conference and Seminar Room Information: General Policies
The Digital Technology Center
(DTC) is pleased to make its conference rooms available to the
University of Minnesota community. However, the DTC is not a conference
service provider. The DTC's rooms are provided free to eligible users on
the condition that the rooms are cleaned and returned to their original
configuration after use. If the rooms are not returned to their original
configuration, a service fee of $150 per day may be charged. In addition,
the sponsoring department is responsible for any damages to DTC equipment,
furnishings, or facilities incurred during the event.
Conference Room Policies:
- On very rare occasions, the Digital Technology Center may exercise bumping rights.
- Rooms can only be reserved up to three months in advance of the event.
- Rooms can only be reserved between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday–Friday. An event organizer must be onsite before 4:30 p.m. to gain access to a room. If the event goes past 4:30 p.m., the group is responsible for locking the door.
- There is no food or drink allowed in Conference Room 402.
- Priority for reservations are given to groups affiliated with the Digital Technology Center.
- All room reservations for non-DTC events must be approved by the DTC's Seminar and Facilities Coordinator.
- Rooms must be kept clean and returned to the standard configuration. If not, a fee will be assessed to your EFS number.
- Alcohol cannot be served unless a copy of the approved permit is presented before the event.
- Conference room use will not be allowed for courses unless prior approval is given by the CSE Dean.
|Room Number||Description||Occupancy||Room Equipment|
|Walter 402||A seminar room with chairs set up in rows. There are no tables or desks in this space. The chairs are moveable, but users are responsible for putting it back into the standard configuration.||90 (can be expanded to 110)||
|Walter 404||A small conference room with a stationary oval table and a couple of side tables.||15||
|Walter 405||A small conference with several tables put into the shape of a large rectangle. The room can be reconfigured, but users are responsible for putting it back into standard configuration.||16–20||
|Walter 401||Reception/Common area with eight lounge tables, two coffee tables, six rectangular tables (six feet in width), and seven tall cocktail tables.||100||HiDef projector|
All rooms have DHCP internet connections and phone lines. Long distance calls can not be made from any of these rooms.
DTC Director Georgios B. Giannakis
Georgios B. Giannakis, Endowed Professor of ECE and Director of DTC won the 2019 IEEE SP Norbert Wiener Society Award. More on Giannakis
Digital Technology Center
499 Walter Library, 117 Pleasant Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
P: (612) 624-9510